Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I'm still here!  

I have had every intention of keeping this blog up as a personal journal of our family. 
I love it.  
I truly do.  
I went back and read it a few nights ago, got a little teary and then made the New Year's resolution to start back.  The problem was that the longer I went without updating, the more overwhelmed I became.  So I will simply start back in January.  For the sake of catching up, I'll include some of my favorite moments of this fall.  We had a very busy season.  School, dance classes, church, mounds of laundry, a beach trip, a busy traveling Daddy and some online classes for Mommy.  Blessings abound and life is full these days.

Here's what we've been up to...

Charlie started preschool in August for the first time!  He absolutely loves "Baby School"(as he calls it) and asks to go every day, even though he just attends two mornings a week.  


Annie started at her new preschool and is doing so well!  She already can write her name and has learned a lot.  She has a sweet class and has made several new friends.  


This was the first time ever that I've had all three in some sort of school at the same time.  Those 6 hours a week are glorious :)

We went to the beach a couple of times this fall, thanks to our parents who always open their condos to us.  Fall at the beach is my favorite!





This little stinker suddenly revolted against our potty training efforts in August. He told me, "I'm not going to go on the potty...ever".  Really, that's what he said!  Somewhere around the beginning of September, I threw in the towel because we were cleaning up accidents ten times a day and just sitting him on the potty would end in tears.  We will start back soon and hopefully he can get the hang of it quickly.





Our Auburn tigers have put on quite a show this season and we enjoyed tailgating and celebrating a miraculous season.  War Eagle!





We went on several field trips...






Halloween 2013!




Annie's Class had a costume parade!


And since we live in Alabama, we were able to play outside barefoot until about the middle of November...

              




Thanksgiving...


...a great dinner in Roswell with my family!


The girls both had demonstration days at their dance studio.  Charlie and I loved getting to see them show off all they have learned this semester...








Libby's school put on a beautiful Christmas program.  They sung traditional Christmas hymns and the first graders performed with hand bells.  We had hot chocolate and desserts afterward all together.  A lovely evening!



A visit and photo shoot with our sweet Garnett cousins!



We had a precious Christmas season and also celebrated our Annie Kate's 5th birthday!  Those deserve their own post so that will follow shortly.  I am so grateful for a happy and healthy year.  God has shown me my desperate need for Him this year.  He has revealed time and again that this world is not our home and that the things that truly matter are those that will have eternal significance.  My prayer for this New Year is to focus on those things and not sweat the small stuff.  His mercies are new every morning and for that I am so grateful.  

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment